Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Who are we?

Hello, I am Femke Debal. I am 20 years old. I like talking to people and observing things. If I am in the mood, I can be very creative. I love watching movies and listening to music. In my time off I like to go shopping, chatting with friends, going to the sea, … Over weekends, I work in a tearoom to get some pocket money. When I was younger, I was in a youth club. During my work experience, I worked in a home for teenage girls in a problematic home situation. I have also worked with people with a disability. I am very happy that I can go to Romania. It is a unique experience to discover Romanian culture.

I'm Tom, 27 years young. I'm married to Sofie, who is 31. Together we have a five months old baby, called Mare. I had a work placement in a home for children who have a difficult home situation and a work placement with parents who have young children. I also have experience as a volunteer with people with autism.

My name is Nele Deslyper and I am 23 years old. I love to draw pictures and write poems. In my training periods I have worked with people with mental disability’s and youngsters. I also love to travel and love to meet other cultures, that’s why I’m really looking forward to go to Romania.

I am Eef Flo, I will be 23 next August. In the small amount of free time I have, I like to go swimming, dancing, read a book, or just being lazy and watch a movie in a comfortable chair. I already have a variety of different work experiences. Such as: children and adults with mental, social or physical disabilities, people with autism, elderly people, homeless people, a home for abused woman and children, maternal care, kindergarten, … My motivation to join this project is very simple. I would like to broaden my horizon by working in foreign countries after I graduate.

My name is Andy Moerman and I’m 21. In my spare time I try to play the guitar and I really like to play soccer. My work experience involves working with people with learning disabilities, children with psychotic problems and children with autism.

My name is Mieke Santy and I'm 22 years old. My hobbies are: listening to and playing music, I also like dancing and watching movies. My motivation to go to Romania: it's good to meet new people, learn about family support in different country’s and getting to know a new culture.

Hello, my name is Nele Lisabeth and I’m 22. I love to play theatre and I enjoy to watch it. I like to read books, listen to music, work in the pet shop, baby-sit and play with my dog, Athena. During my work experience, I worked in a home for children in a problematic home situation.
I also worked in a kindergarten and a maternal care and I have some experience with children with autism. Did I tell you that I love to travel to meet other cultures? It’s my passion to discover the world and that’s why I am so motivated for this project.

No comments: